Electricity is something every home needs today. It powers our lights, heat source, and appliances. Not to mention our many personal devices. But if there are electrical issues, not only will things not work right, but they can be dangerous. At In-House Electric, we provide electrical service panel upgrades and replacements in Burien if you have problems. In addition, we want to share with you some tips for spotting common electrical issues.
Danger Hidden Within Your Walls
The wiring in your home is hidden behind the walls. So you can’t check those wires every day to make sure everything is ok. But you need to know the signs there is a problem. Electrical issues cause over 50,000 house fires every year, many of which could have been prevented. Here are some indications you have electrical problems:
- Funny Smells – Odd smells coming from outlets or appliances near the wires or plugs can be a problem. Unplug everything and call us.
- Outlets & Switches – If they feel warm to the touch or spark when you plug something in, that is never a good thing.
- Lights That Flicker – Flicker lights can be indicative of a power surge. It may be from a storm, or you are overloading your system if it happens often.
- Buzzing Sounds – Switches and outlets should not make noise. If they buzz or make a sizzling sound when you flip the switch or plug something in, you have a problem.
- Blowing a Fuse – If you continually have to trip the breaker every time you use the toaster and the microwave together, your system may need an upgrade.
Don’t risk your home catching fire from electrical problems. Contact In-House Electric at (425) 399-8673 for electrical service panel upgrades and replacement in Burien.