Your home should be your solace and sanctuary. Somewhere you can go to relax at the end of a long day. However, the upkeep of your peaceful place is important, and there are many appliance comforts, like electricity, that go into making your house cozy and secure. When something’s amiss, you know it, which is why your home might be due for electrical wiring updates & replacements near Covington.
Unsure about what would warrant electrical wiring updates & replacements? Read on for warning signs that could indicate the time for a change:
- Zapping or buzzing sounds coming from the switches, light fixtures, or outlets.
- Wisps of smoke or burning smell coming from around the fixtures, panels, or outlets.
- Electrical zaps from the wires or panels whenever you touch them.
- Flickering lights, regardless of how long the lights have been on.
- Excessive heat around the switches or outlets.
- Bulbs keep burning out, regardless of how often you change them.
- Consistent, persistent flipped breakers.
Your electrical wiring ages with your home. An older home, classified by having built in the 1970s or sooner, would be due for some electrical wiring replacements and updates around now. If your wiring gets too old and flimsy, it could become dangerous, resulting in a fire hazard.
How Often Should You Call In-House Electric for a Professional Check on Your Electrical Wirings?
There’s no linear answer to that question. Some homes require professional electrical checks every two to five years. Other homes, such as older homes from the 1970s and sooner, would do well with annual electrical checks of the wires, outlets, and panels. Your home’s professional needs are dependent on the age and use of the electrical systems.
At In-House Electric, we have the expertise, experience, and tools required for electrical wiring updates & replacements near Covington. We have a plethora of specialties that could interest you as a homeowner, so give us a buzz at (425) 399-8673 to learn more about our services.