Like most homeowners, you value the comfort and convenience of your home. You strive to maintain those components with routine checks on things like your electricity, so it should come as no surprise that sometimes your home might need electrical service panel upgrades & replacement near Sammamish. The age of your electrical outlets and panels plays a huge factor in when and why you would need electrical upgrades and replacements.
Electrical outlets and panels have a lifespan of 20-25 years, on average. However, that varies with use, the age of your electrical materials, and the material of the wires themselves. Besides routine inspections of your electrical system, when would you know you’d need replacements, repairs, or upgrades?
Here are a few signs that could indicate an issue with your electrical service panel.
- Scorch/burn marks around the breakers and connectors within the electrical panel.
- Melting insulation around the wires of the panel.
- Burning smells from the panel or wisps of smoke curling from the breaker or bus bar.
- Flickering or dimming lights, regardless of how new the bulbs are.
- Appliances (that normally function properly) suddenly experience a drop in power.
- Rust on or around the electrical panel (this one could be a dangerous fire hazard and requires inspection asap).
Side tip: When adding a large appliance to your home’s electrical circuit, call an electrician to inspect your electrical panel beforehand. You want to make sure that your home’s electrical system can handle the addition of a large appliance that would likely use quite a bit more power.
In-House Electric has been offering quality services for years, so our electricians and technicians have reliable, dependable knowledge when it comes to electrical service panel upgrades & replacement near Sammamish. For more information or to schedule an inspection and consultation, give us a call at (425) 399-8673.